This Strawberry Caprese Salad is a fresh, sweet twist on a classic.
Strawberry Caprese Salad is sweet, savory, and entirely delicious. It’s a great addition to any cookout menu or any summertime meal!
FYI – this post contains affiliate links
This salad is summer in a bowl.
This salad screams summer, to me.
I mean, Caprese salad is a classic Summer salad, right? And strawberries are at their best now. So… why not combine them?
Trust me, strawberries belong in a Caprese salad.
Even though you may cock an eyebrow at this combination of ingredients, you have to trust me here. It’s an undisputed fact that Caprese salad is the best, right? Okay we’re all in agreement.
Now, think about the complementary sweetness that strawberries would add to a savory Caprese salad.
This salad is great as a weeknight side dish or when entertaining a crowd.
The amount of ingredients can easily be multiplied depending on how many people you’re feeding.
I made it to have with dinner the other night and have taken it as a side to a coworker’s cookout. It’s great either way.
- 3 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 quart strawberries, sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, diced
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- small bunch fresh basil, sliced into ribbons
- In a small bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar and honey together. Set aside.
- Combine the strawberries, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with balsamic/honey mixture and toss to combine.
- Top with fresh basil.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 443mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 5gSugar: 17gProtein: 12g
Looking for other strawberry recipes?
- Strawberry Margarita Pie
- Strawberry Crumb Bars
- Strawberry Pecan Salad with Beets and Poppyseed Dressing
Any special gear needed?
In this case, you don’t need any super special gear to make this fantastic recipe. However, I would love to put in a plug for Diamond Crystal kosher salt. It’s not absolutely necessary, but I’ve really been loving this brand of kosher salt lately.