This Strawberry Pecan Salad with Beets is fresh, delicious, and chock full of spring produce. I topped this salad with a tangy and sweet homemade poppy seed dressing.
For this little number, I loaded up some arugula and baby greens with lots of berries and roasted beets. Then I added some crunchy toasted pecans and some salty feta cheese. Top all of that with a tangy-sweet homemade poppy seed dressing, and you're in business.
Strawberry Pecan Salad with Beets and Poppyseed Dressing
For the dressing (makes enough for 4-5 salads)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
For the salad
- 3 cups greens of choice
- fresh basil sliced into thin strips
- 5-6 strawberries hulled and sliced
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup roasted beets see notes
- ¼ cup pecans toasted
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk all of the ingredients for the poppy seed dressing together. Taste and add more salt or pepper as desired. The dressing will keep in a sealed container in the fridge for ~5 days. Set aside for a moment.
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a bowl. Drizzle with 1-2 tbs dressing.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.