Last Updated on July 14, 2021 by laurenpacek
This Roasted Beet, Apple, and Goat Cheese Salad has quite a lot going for it. The beets are earthy and sweet, the Granny Smith apples are tart and crunchy, and the goat cheese is creamy and a little tangy. Throw some grilled chicken on top (totally optional!) and drizzle with balsamic vinegar (or a vinaigrette if you aren't as much of a fan of straight up vinegar as I am) and you have yourself one delicious, filling, salad.
I've been making this salad for my lunches at work for the past couple of weeks. To be honest, it is even giving my usual favorite lunch salad (Strawberry Balsamic Salad) a run for its money!
This salad can totally be part of a meal prep situation, too. Just roast your beets and grill your chicken (if using) on Sunday; toss the beets, chicken, some greens, and cheese in a bowl the night before work; and slice your apples just before eating. Sprinkle with salt, drizzle with dressing, and eat!
- 3 cups mixed greens
- ¼ cup pecans
- ½ cup roasted beets, see notes
- ½ - 1 small Granny smith apple, sliced thin
- .5 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- grilled chicken, optional
- 1 small pinch kosher salt
- balsamic vinegar or balsamic vinaigrette, to taste
- Combine all ingredients (minus vinegar/vinaigrette) in a bowl.
- Drizzle with vinegar/vinaigrette to taste. Toss everything together and eat!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 711Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 210mgSodium: 923mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 9gSugar: 26gProtein: 65g
Looking for more beet-y goodness? Check out this Strawberry Pecan Salad with Beets and Poppyseed Dressing, Beet Risotto with Goat Cheese!