These Pumpkin Waffles are delicious, particularly when topped with some butter and a little maple syrup-apple cider reduction.
For the waffles
- 2 cups all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs separated
- 3 tablespoon butter melted
For the syrup
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 1 cup apple cider
To make the waffles
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin puree, egg yolks, and melted butter. Whisk together until everything is combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix until things are just combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold the stiff egg whites into the batter.
- Prepare the waffles according to your waffle-maker's directions.
To make the apple cider-syrup reduction
- Combine equal parts real maple syrup and apple cider in a small sauce pan. Heat over medium heat until reduced by about half.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.