Last Updated on May 19, 2021 by laurenpacek
These Pumpkin Waffles are delicious, particularly when topped with some butter and a little maple syrup-apple cider reduction.
For the waffles
- 2 cups all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
For the syrup
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 1 cup apple cider
To make the waffles
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin puree, egg yolks, and melted butter. Whisk together until everything is combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix until things are just combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold the stiff egg whites into the batter.
- Prepare the waffles according to your waffle-maker's directions.
To make the apple cider-syrup reduction
- Combine equal parts real maple syrup and apple cider in a small sauce pan. Heat over medium heat until reduced by about half.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 656Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 779mgCarbohydrates: 122gFiber: 9gSugar: 63gProtein: 16g