Last Updated on May 16, 2021 by laurenpacek
These Key Lime Pie Cookies taste just like the real thing - tangy and slightly sweet - but in a portable, hand-held form.
Key Lime Pie is a summertime favorite. And I'm pretty sure we can all agree that it's fantastic. This version is pretty delicious, if I do say so myself.
The only thing that I could think of that would improve upon Key Lime Pie is having a portable version. Enter: the cookie.
After my birthday last month, I picked up a handful of new cookbooks, including Cookies & Cups Cookbook. This recipe comes from that cookbook. If you haven't picked it up yet, I highly recommend it!
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs, finely ground (not quite 1 full sleeve of graham crackers)
- 16 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Key lime juice
- 2 tsp lime zest, grated
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- powdered sugar, optional
- additional lime zest, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour and graham cracker crumbs. Set this aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, Key lime juice, lime zest, salt, and baking soda. Beat for another minute, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Bit by bit, add the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix until everything just comes together.
- Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets (in ~1-inch balls), approximately 2 inches apart from one another. Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing them to wire racks to finish cooling completely.
- Once the cookies have cooled completely, dust the cookies with powdered sugar and a bit of extra lime zest.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 49mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
Check out this recipe for Key Lime Pie, too.