Last Updated on June 6, 2021 by laurenpacek
You don't want to miss out on this lemon curd!
This Homemade Lemon Curd is full of bright, sweet and tart flavor. You can use your lemon curd in dessert and cocktail recipes. Or, heck, eat it with a spoon!
What can you do with lemon curd?
Citrus season may be coming to a close, but let's not let that stop us from whipping up a batch of sweet/tart homemade lemon curd! It's really very easy to make, and can be used in a number of different ways.
Swirl it into a cheesecake, add it to ice cream, make a parfait... You could also use it as the base of a cocktail! I'm working on a boozy application right now.
Looking for more lemon-heavy recipes?
- Lemon White Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are bright and zingy.
- These Whole Lemon Bars are incredibly good!
- Grilled Mezcal Margaritas are made with grilled lemon juice!
What inspired this recipe?
This recipe comes from Dishes Delish.
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 lemons, zested
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 8 tbs unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Add the egg yolks to a sauce pan and whisk until combined. Add the sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice and whisk to combine.
- Turn the heat to medium and keep whisking until the lemon curd thickens (about 10 minutes). Do not let it boil. It is thick enough when it coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove the lemon curd from heat. Add 2 pats of butter at a time and mix until melted. Continue adding the butter until it is all added and melted.
- Pour the lemon curd into a glass container. Cover it with plastic wrap and let sit on counter for 30 minutes. Cover the jar and place in fridge and let it sit for at least an hour before eating or using.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 254Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 3g
1 serving = ¼ cup