Last Updated on May 12, 2021 by laurenpacek
These festive cookies are the perfect sweet treat to help you celebrate Halloween!
One of the cool things about these cookies is that (in addition to being sweet and delicious) they can be dressed up for pretty much any holiday or event that occurs. Christmas? Break out the red and green baking chips. Baking for a Super Bowl party? Decorate them with your team's colors.
These cookies are all dolled up for Halloween. They're made with dark cocoa powder so they're nearly black. PLUS they're full of white chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, peanut butter, AND orange candy baking chips.
I found this recipe on the blog House of Nash Eats.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 16 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Nestle Halloween baking chips
- ½ cup peanut butter baking chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, making sure that each one is combined before adding the next. Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a couple of batches, add the dry ingredients to the wet. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Mix until just combined.
- Add 1 ¾ cups of the baking chips/chocolate chips, mixing until they are well distributed throughout the dough. Reserve the remaining ¼ cup of chips for topping the cookies.
- Using a cookie scoop, or two spoons, scoop dough into 2 tbs-sized balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each ball of dough. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until just set.
- Once you remove the cookies from the oven, press some of the leftover chocolate chips into the dough. Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 86mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g