Last Updated on July 14, 2021 by laurenpacek
These Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies are the softest cookies, thanks to the addition of cream cheese and cornstarch.
Yes, there are many chocolate chip cookie recipes on my blog already. But really, can you have too many? I think we all know the answer to that question. Check out these Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Cookies and Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies for a couple of examples.
I had been craving chocolate chip cookies hard for the past week. Not quite sure why, but the craving was there. These super soft and chewy cookies definitely saved the day. I actually doubled the recipe and brought them to work. None remained at the end of the day.
I found this recipe on The Baking Fairy.
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- sea salt, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and cream cheese together until they are smooth.
- Add the sugars, egg, and vanilla extract and cream together for 4-5 minutes, or until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- In a couple of batches, add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix until they just come together, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Press the tops down lightly with your hand, press in a few extra chocolate chips, and top with a sprinkling of sea salt.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or just until the tops appear to be dry. They will continue to firm up as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5-7 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing them to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g