One of the things that I really like about this salad (I mean, besides all of the amazing toppings) is that I use shredded Brussels sprouts as a part of the salad base! Just trim the stem off of your sprouts, remove the tough outer leaves, and pass them through your food processor, using the shredding disk. Toss them in with whatever other salad greens you’d like to use. Trust me, you want to try it.
All in all, it’s a pretty healthy salad. The hummus might add some calories, but the tzatziki is guilt-free as long as you use 0% Greek yogurt.
You’ll need (makes 1 large salad):
- 2-3 cups greens (I used baby kales, arugula, and shredded Brussels sprouts)
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/8 cup feta cheese
- 3 falafel (the Internet tells me that this is also the plural form of the word)
- 2-3 tbs hummus
- 2-3 tbs tzatziki sauce
Add the greens, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, feta, and falafel to a bowl. Top with hummus and tzatziki. Enjoy!