Hands down, this is my favorite salad. As soon as it gets to be even remotely close to berry season, I’m making this for my lunches at work.
It’s sweet, tart, super healthy, and somehow manages to not get old even after eating it day in and day out.
This is an updated version of the Strawberry Spinach Salad that I blogged about 3 years ago.
I list ingredients without proportions/amounts, since you can use more or less of everything to suit your tastes.
- baby arugula
- mixed greens
- basil, sliced into ribbons
- strawberries, sliced
- grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- English cucumber, seeds removed and cut into quarters
- feta cheese
- slivered almonds/chopped walnuts
- salt, to taste
- balsamic vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil (honestly, I use only vinegar, but use in whatever proportions you like)
Toss everything, minus the vinegar and olive oil, together in a bowl. Dress with vinegar and olive oil and go to town!
Every now and then I’ll also toss an avocado into the mix (highly recommended).