Last Updated on June 27, 2022 by laurenpacek
This post may contain affiliate links. A Nerd Cooks may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. More information can be found here.
This Lavender Martini is sweet, a little tart, and is flavored with floral and herbaceous lavender. It is as delicious as it is elegant.
Between the gorgeous color and delicate flavor, this drink is perfect for Spring and Summertime sipping. Lavender and lemon are such complementary flavors - they were basically made for one another!
Table of contents
What is a Lavender Martini?
You know martinis: gin or vodka, classic or dirty, shaken or stirred, olive or twist. All that jazz.
This martini is vodka-based and takes on the lovely floral and color of lavender flowers.
- Vodka: You want to reach for plain vodka here. I'd recommend using something that you wouldn't mind using in a mixed drink. So, nothing too crazy in terms of quality: you don't want well vodka, but you also don't need Belvedere or anything like that.
- Lemon juice: Freshly squeezed, please!
- Lavender simple syrup: You can use store bought (I like Torani) or homemade lavender simple syrup for this recipe. I do want to note that if you use the homemade recipe that I've linked, your martini won't be a vibrant purple color. The store bought syrup will impart the beautiful purple color of the lavender. As you can probably tell by the photos, I used store bought syrup for this drink.
- Garnishes: As always, garnishes aren't mandatory. However, I really think that garnishes can make a drink. I used lemon wheels and fresh lavender flowers.
How to make a lavender martini
Though these martinis definitely look fancy, they're surprisingly easy to make. Can you shake and strain a cocktail? Well, then you can make these martinis.
Start by combining your vodka, lemon juice, and lavender syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake it until it's very cold and strain it into a coupe glass.
Don't have a coupe glass? Don't fret. You can really drink this martini out of any sort of glass that you like/have. Coupe glasses (or regular martini glasses) are just the classic choice for this kind of drink.
After that, if you so choose, you can float a lemon wheel and a bit of fresh lavender flower on top of the martini's surface.
Other martini recipes
Looking for other martini recipes? I have a couple of others on A Nerd Cooks, which I've linked below. I've also shared some martini recipes from bloggers who I really love.
- Peach Pie Martini from Mitten Girl
- Espresso Martini from A Nerd Cooks
- Vesper Martini from Garnish
- Limoncello Martini from A Nerd Cooks
- Sweet Pea Martinis from The Gourmet Bon Vivant
FAQs/Tips and Tricks
I wouldn't advise making these in a huge quantity, but if you wanted to shake up a couple at a time rather than making them individually, you could do it. Just double all of the ingredients, shake, and strain half into each of your glasses.
Sure, but then they won't be a lavender martini. But yes, you can use another flavor of simple syrup, if you'd like.
Though it's traditional to serve a martini in a martini or coupe glass, you don't have to use one. Use whatever you have or like!
Share your creations and follow me on social media!
Subscribe to the A Nerd Cooks Newsletter to have updates sent straight to your inbox.
I love seeing when you share my recipes! Please tag me on Instagram @anerdcooks so I can enjoy them virtually with you! You can also find me on Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
I'd love to know what you thought of this recipe! Don't forget to leave a comment and
⭐️ star rating below!
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 ounce lavender syrup, either homemade or store bought
- lemon wheel and fresh lavender, for garnish (optional)
- Add the vodka, lemon juice, and lavender syrup to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until very cold.
- Strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel and fresh lavender, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 428Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 77gFiber: 7gSugar: 38gProtein: 5g