This pasta salad--which I have named after myself--is a family and friend favorite. In particular, my in-laws really enjoy it. I am officially in charge of providing the pasta salad for all of the gatherings among that side of the family.
It's delicious and couldn't be easier to throw together. Just chop some veggies and cheese, boil some pasta, and there you have it. It's also easy to double or triple the recipe for feeding large crowds.
You can also customize the vegetables and cheese to suit your tastes. Maybe you're not crazy about celery. If so, just leave it out. Switch up the colors of the bell peppers as you see fit. You could also add some diced red onion to the mix!
I blogged about this pasta salad almost 4 years ago, and felt like it was time to give it a face lift. In fact, this was only the second recipe that I ever blogged about!
Lauren's Pasta Salad
- 16 oz. Rotini pasta
- kosher salt
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 ribs of celery chopped
- 8 oz. block of sharp cheddar cheese cubed
- 16 oz. bottle of Italian dressing
- 3 tablespoon McCormick Perfect Pinch Salad Supreme Seasoning
- Put a large pot of water on the stove to boil. Once it comes up to a rolling boil, add the box of pasta and salt, and cook according to directions on the box. After the pasta is cooked through, drain it in a colander. Set aside and allow it to cool.
- Add the bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, celery, and cheese to a large bowl. Add the cooled pasta and toss everything together.
- Add about half of the bottle of Italian dressing and the Salad Supreme Seasoning. Mix it all together and taste. Add more of the seasoning or salad dressing if you think it needs it.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.