Last Updated on May 21, 2021 by laurenpacek
There's no better way to celebrate New Year's Day than with this recipe!
This Slow Cooker Kielbasa, Pork, and Sauerkraut is a delicious way to ring in the New Year. Better yet, it requires little effort to make. Just set it and forget it!
What inspired this recipe?
I am not entirely sure of this recipe's origins. I got it from my mom, who makes it every New Year's Day. I do the same now, but also make it at other times of the year.
This recipe makes a lot of food, and would be great when you need to feed a crowd. It freezes well, too! So don't feel obligated to only eat it when you have an army to feed.
How does this recipe come together?
You basically just plop all of the ingredients (minus cheese) into the slow cooker, mix it up, and cook for a while!
You'll add the cheese at the end, stir it up, and go to town. It really couldn't be easier.
In search of other recipes to make in the slow cooker?
If you need breakfast, these Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oats are great and very versatile.
- 1 onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 28 oz sauerkraut, drained
- 1 tbsp caraway seeds
- 14 oz cream of celery soup
- 2 lbs kielbasa, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 3-4 lbs pork shoulder roast, cut into large pieces
- 1 cup colby jack cheese, shredded
- Combine the onion, brown sugar, sauerkraut, caraway seeds, and cream of celery soup in a large slow cooker.
- Add the kielbasa and pork to the slow cooker, nestling it into the sauerkraut mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Right before serving, add the colby jack cheese and stir to combine.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2510Total Fat: 186gSaturated Fat: 68gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 101gCholesterol: 711mgSodium: 2513mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 4gSugar: 13gProtein: 179g