This salmon is delicious and easy to make
This Air Fryer Salmon is most, flaky, and so flavorful. Better yet? It’s so EASY to make! It only takes a little bit of time to whip up, too.
So, why use an air fryer to make your salmon?
For the longest time, I’ve done salmon in the oven by wrapping it in foil and roasting it. It’s a pretty foolproof method, resulting in moist, delicious fish. It’s a good and reliable method for getting some salmon on the table.
HOWEVER. If you’re looking for a way to make super moist and flavorful salmon that also has a beautiful browned exterior with awesome texture, then you want to use an air fryer.
I mean, look at that browning. I’m having a hard time figuring out how to describe the texture of the outside of the salmon. I don’t want to say crust, because it’s not a crust. But it gets a little crusty. It’s like salmon you’d get at a restaurant.
How does this salmon come together?
It’s seriously so easy. Take a beautiful salmon filet and coat the exposed flesh with just a little bit of olive oil. It really does not take much at all. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper, for starters. I’ve just been using garlic powder in addition to the S+P. But really, you can season your salmon with whatever floats your boat.
Spray the basket of the air fryer with some cooking spray (again, it doesn’t take much), lay the fish in there, skin-side down, and cook at 400 degrees for 10 or so minutes. Depending on how thick your salmon is, it may take a little longer. Just use your fork to check for doneness.
After that, it’s done! It’s ready! Get your salmon on.
Need more air fryer recipes? What about salmon recipes?
‘Cause I’ve got a little of both.
Up until now, I’ve mostly been using my air fryer to make chicken wings. And, honestly, I think that an air fryer is worth the money that you spend on it just for the chicken wings alone. Check these Air Fryer Old Bay Chicken Wings out ASAP. You will not regret it.
As for salmon, I talked about this Easy Baked Salmon earlier in the post. It’s still a solid method for preparing salmon. Once you’ve prepared your salmon, consider making some of these Spicy Salmon Sushi Bowls or Salmon BLT Tacos!
- 1 - 1.5 lb salmon fillet (1 - 1.5-inches thick)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- lemon wedges, for serving
- Coat the salmon filet lightly with olive oil. Season with kosher salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Spray the air fryer's cooking basket with cooking spray. Place the salmon filet into the cooking basket skin-side down (if your filet has skin).
- Air fry at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Use a fork to flake the salmon apart in order to check the level of doneness.
- Air fry for a few more minutes, if necessary, to achieve the desired level of doneness.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- The nutrition facts for this recipe are calculated based on a 1.5-pound filet that results in 3 servings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 490Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 333mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 51g
What do I need in order to make this recipe?
Pin this recipe for later!