This post may contain affiliate links.
More citrus. Nay, ALL THE CITRUS!
I can’t help myself! It’s so delicious and beautiful at this time of year. It being healthy is just a bonus.
This recipe serves 2 as a side salad. Just multiply the ingredients if you’re going to be feeding more people.
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 cara cara orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 blood orange, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp honey or agave nectar (agave nectar makes this salad vegan!)
- 1 tsp poppy seeds, plus more for garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
Arrange the citrus and avocado on a plate.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, honey/agave nectar, poppy seeds, salt, and pepper. Pour it over the fruit and avocado.
Top with more poppy seeds for garnish, if desired. Dig in!
Photos updated: 1/2/2017