It doesn't get much more summery than this cocktail!
This Strawberry Basil Vodka Collins is equal parts easy to make, delicious, and incredibly refreshing. Basically, it's everything that you could want in a summery cocktail.
Strawberry and basil are two warm weather flavors that really belong together.
When both ingredients are in season, I really love to pair them together. This Strawberry Balsamic Salad (with lots of fresh basil mixed in with the greens) is a great example. I've also been known to throw some sliced strawberries into a traditional Caprese salad. It's basically perfect.
This flavor combo is great in sweet dishes, too. Check out this Strawberry Basil Lemonade and Strawberry Basil Ice Cream, just as a couple of examples.
This drink is basically Summer in a glass.
And that brings us to this cocktail. Sweet, juicy, muddled strawberries lend both flavor and beautiful color. The sweetness of the berries is complemented by the fragrant and herbaceous basil vodka and fresh garnish.
Simple syrup (homemade, please!) adds a bit more sweetness, while bubbly club soda keeps things fizzy and refreshing. I highly recommend sipping one (or more) of these cocktails on a hot summer day.
Looking for more strawberry-based recipes?
To be honest, I didn't quite realize how many strawberry-heavy recipes I had on this blog! Let's start with dessert (because why not?):
- These Strawberry Crumb Bars are great for sharing
- Strawberry Margarita Pie is cold and sweet
- Strawberry Crisp is apple crisp's underrated cousin. Seriously. Try it!
Want something a little healthier? I can do that, too.
- Strawberry Pecan Salad with Beets and Poppyseed Dressing
- Strawberry Balsamic Salad (probably my favorite salad ever!)
This cocktail uses two simple, yet delicious recipes from this blog.
First, we're using simple syrup. Incredibly easy to make. Incredibly useful and versatile.
And don't forget about the Basil Infused Vodka! Again, so easy to make. But it's so, so delicious. And summery AF. It's great in this Basil Vodka Gimlet, too.
Strawberry Basil Vodka Collins
- 4 ripe strawberries quartered
- 0.5 oz simple syrup
- 2 oz basil infused vodka
- club soda
- strawberry and fresh basil for garnish
- Add the strawberries and simple syrup to the bottom of a cocktail shaker and muddle well.
- Add some ice to the cocktail shaker, along with the basil infused vodka. Shake until very cold.
- Strain into a Collins glass filled with ice.
- Top with club soda.
- Garnish with a ripe strawberry and sprig of fresh basil.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.
What supplies will you need in order to make this cocktail?
- A no-frills, but good quality cocktail shaker
- A cocktail muddler
- Collins glasses
Leave a Reply