Last Updated on February 21, 2021 by laurenpacek
The Maple Bourbon Moscow Mule is your new go-to drink for the Fall!
Real maple syrup, bourbon, and apple cider come together to make a 10/10 Fall cocktail: the Maple Bourbon Moscow Mule.
We can all agree that bourbon is great, right?
I think that bourbon is wonderful year round. Classic Old Fashioneds, anyone?
But it's especially good once the weather starts to cool down a bit. Bourbon is smooth and warming, and really complements classic Fall ingredients like apple cider and maple.
Fortunately for me (and you!), I was recently gifted a bottle of smoked maple bourbon. Its sweet maple flavor inspired these Maple Bourbon Moscow Mules.
What ingredients go into these drinks?
- Smoked maple bourbon: If you can get your hands on it, it's really good. Regular bourbon will do in a pinch, though.
- Real maple syrup: Pleaaase use the good stuff. The real stuff. It makes a huge difference.
- Apple cider: What's a fall cocktail without apple cider?
- Ginger beer: The spicier the better, imho.
- Lime juice: Freshly squeezed, please.
How do these Mules come together?
It's pretty simple, tbh.
Fill your copper mug with ice (I like crushed). Pour your smoked maple bourbon, real maple syrup, apple cider, ginger beer, and lime juice over the ice. Stir gently.
Looking for more Moscow Mule recipes?
The Caramel Apple Moscow Mule is super for Fall, too! Apple cider and caramel vodka make this Mule taste just like a caramel apple in liquid (and boozy) form.
I've also created the Pomegranate Champagne Moscow Mule, which is fun and switches things up by using champagne in addition to ginger beer. And let's not forget about the Mexican Moscow Mule! It's the most popular recipe on my blog (and for good reason).
Looking for others? Click here to see ALL of the Mules on A Nerd Cooks.
You can bake with Maple Bourbon, too!
Please do yourselves a favor and check out these amazing Maple Bourbon Chocolate Chunk Pecan Cookies. They're seriously some of my favorite cookies that I've ever made.
- 1.5 oz smoked maple bourbon, see notes
- .75 oz real maple syrup
- 3 oz apple cider
- 3 oz ginger beer
- ½ lime, juiced
- Combine all ingredients in a copper mug over ice.
Notes: I used Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon Whiskey. You can use another (non-maple) bourbon if that's all you have on hand. The maple flavor just won't be quite as pronounced.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 245Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 0gSugar: 34gProtein: 0g
What gear should I have on hand to make these drinks?
- Copper Moscow Mule mugs, of course!
- A cocktail jigger, for measuring your hooch
- A bar spoon, for gentle mixing
- A citrus squeezer, for juicing your limes
Pin this recipe for later!