These cookies are the perfect way to get your s’mores fix without going anywhere near a campfire!
These S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies have all of the flavors of your favorite camping treat. The dough is made with half flour, half graham crackers and is packed with mini chocolate chips. Plus, mini marshmallows and good old Hershey’s chocolate bar pieces are pressed into the tops of the cookies.
FYI – This post contains affiliate links
I’ve shared a s’mores cookie variation with you before.
It’s true. I showed you these S’mores Cookies way back when. They’re chocolate chip cookies, packed with marshmallows and topped with Hershey’s bars. Then the dough is baked ON TOP OF graham crackers.
They’re pretty great. Try them out.
But I’ve been wanting to concoct a s’mores cookie recipe that included the graham crackers in the cookie itself, rather than the graham cracker serving as a vehicle for the cookie dough.
How are these cookies different?
After some thought, I decided to grind up some graham crackers and sub those crumbs for half of the flour that would go into a chocolate chip cookie.
Marshmallows are pressed into the tops of the dough, rather than mixing it throughout because otherwise they tend to seep out of the bottoms of the dough balls and make a sticky mess.
You end up with a delicious, self-contained, mess-free cookie that tastes just like a s’more.
S’mores mean Summertime
There’s nothing quite like sitting outside around a campfire in the summertime and toasting a marshmallow, right? Followed by sandwiching that toasty marshmallow between a couple of graham crackers and some chocolate.
I have some really great memories of doing this at my parents’ cabin. The flavors of these cookies stir these happy memories up a bit.
In addition to these cookies being undeniably delicious, I think there’s a good chance that they’ll evoke some memories for you, too.
What gear should I have on hand to make these cookies?
- I love this cookie scoop. It makes evenly portioning the dough a breeze!
- Wire cooling racks
- Hershey’s chocolate bars, duh.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (see notes)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 16 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 Hershey's bars, broken into pieces
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and kosher salt together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs to the butter and sugar mixture, one at a time, making sure that the first egg is fully combined before adding the second.
- Reduce the mixer's speed to low and add the flour mixture bit by bit. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the mini chocolate chips and mix until they are well distributed throughout the dough.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto cookie sheets. Press the Hershey's bars pieces and mini marshmallows into the dough.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the dough balls onto the prepared baking sheets, approximately 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake for XX minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
- I like to use a blender or food processor to really finely pulverize the graham crackers. You can achieve more or less the same effect by really working them over with a rolling pin (while they're contained in a zip top bag, of course).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 42 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 21mg Sodium: 54mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 12g Protein: 2g
Still trying to get your s’mores fix?
I have a few other s’mores recipes that you should definitely check out!
Pin this recipe for later!