Last Updated on June 11, 2020 by laurenpacek
Coconut macaroons are a tasty gluten-free treat
These Coconut Macaroons are sweet, delicious, and easy to make. They’ll satisfy any coconut lover’s cravings. They’re also naturally gluten free!
Any coconut lovers out there?
Funnily enough, I used to think that I hated coconut. That is no longer true. Between these cookies, coconut shrimp, and Chobani Coconut blended yogurt, I think I officially now have a thing for coconut.
What inspired this recipe?
I originally came across the recipe for these coconut macaroons while searching for a gluten free recipe. We went camping over the weekend with a few friends, and a friend’s girlfriend is gluten-free. I always bake something for these trips, and didn’t want her to feel left out.
This recipe comes from The Kitchn.
- 3 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- melted chocolate, for dipping/drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set one aside.
- Toast the coconut in the oven for 5 minutes, or until the coconut is just getting a little color. Let it cool for a few minutes before using it.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the egg whites, sugar, vanilla, and salt together until the sugar is completely combined and everything is frothy.
- Add the coconut and stir until it is evenly moistened.
- Using a cookie scoop, shape the coconut mixture into small balls and place them on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
- Let the macaroons cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, and then transfer them to a wire rack so that they can finish cooling completely.
- Once the cookies are cooled, you can either drizzle or dip them in some chocolate.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Pin this recipe for later!