When my blogger friend Christin, from Blue Crab Martini, invited me to be a part of a virtual cookie swap, I jumped at the chance! I’m in full holiday baking mode over here, and couldn’t wait to share these cookies with you. A peanut butter cookie with chocolate chunks is delicious no matter what time of the year it is, but I feel that the addition of candied pecans makes these a little special and perfect for the holidays.
These cookies are serious crowd-pleasers. I’ve made them three times now, and they’ve been happily devoured each time.
This recipe is adapted from this one at Hearts in My Oven.
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3.5 oz milk chocolate bar, roughly chopped
- 1 cup candied pecans (or other nut of your choice), roughly chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
Melt the stick of butter in the microwave in 30-second intervals.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the melted butter, sugars, and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract, mix until just combined.
Little by little, add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix until everything is just combined.
Fold in the chopped chocolate and candied nuts.
Using a cookie scooper, or two spoons, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet by the heaping tablespoonful. These cookies won’t spread much in the oven, so smoosh them down a little with your fingers if you want a flatter cookie. I kind of like mine all heaped up (as you can see in the pictures), so I didn’t bother smooshing them.
Bake 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Be sure to check out all of the other delicious cookies from the lovely bloggers who participated in the cookie swap!
- Nonni’s Zuccarinis by Sugar & Something
- Coconut Orange Drop Cookies by Simply Fresh Dinners
- Vermont Maple Walnut Cookies by Driftwood Gardens
- Gingerbread Ale Cookie Sandwiches with Eggnog Cream by Blue Crab Martini
- Shortbread Bites by Tide & Thyme
- Apple Pie Cookies by Omnivore’s Cookbook
- Salted Caramel Brownie Cookies by Feed Me Seymour
- Dark Chocolate Cookie Bark by No Gojis No Glory
- Lemon Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies by DIY Faerie
- Fudge Cookie Balls with Chocolate Ganache by All in All
- Whole Wheat Nutella Cookies by Homegrown & Healthy
- Holiday Fudge by When’s My Vacation
- Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies by Adventures by Katie