This recipe is adapted from Joy the Baker.
- 9×9-inch sheet of puff pastry, thawed but still cold
- basil pesto, homemade or store bought
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 3 small heirloom tomatoes, sliced ~1/4 inch thick and drained on paper towels
- handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half and seeds removed
- 1 tbs fresh thyme leaves
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Put the puff pastry on a baking sheet. Spread the basil pesto on top, leaving ~1/2 inch border all around. Crumble the goat cheese all over the pesto.
In a single layer, lay the tomato slices on top of the cheese and pesto. Press down on them slightly.
Sprinkle generously with fresh thyme and a small drizzle of olive oil.
Bake 15-18 minutes until the puff pastry is, well, puffed and golden brown. Remove it from the oven and allow it to rest for about 10 minutes before cutting into squares and demolishing it.